Certificates, Partnerships & Awards
Partnering with organizations that share our sustainability goals
The path to a better future starts with partnerships built on mutual commitments to sustainability
We are proud to be partnered with and certified by many national organizations who are as committed to sustainability as we are.
Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) Certified by the Rainforest Alliance (FSC® C018101)
The FSC® sets global standards for responsible forest management in bio-geographic regions throughout the world. Its principles and criteria span economic, social and environmental concerns implemented through a variety of certifications. The Rainforest Alliance works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods in more than 60 countries. They employ socially and environmentally responsible standards that are economically viable. The “Rainforest Alliance Certified™” seal of approval assures consumers that they are buying a sustainable product.
Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®)
The SFI® promotes responsible forest management, as well as sustainable environmental, social, and economic interests. Its certification program supports forest conservation and protects water quality, biodiversity, and wildlife habitats.
Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification™ (PEFC™)
The PEFC Council is a global non-profit organization that promotes sustainably managed forests through independent third-party certification. The PEFC™ assures purchasers of wood and paper products they are promoting the sustainable management of forests.
Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Partner
The EPA Green Power Partnership is a voluntary program that supports the organizational procurement of renewable energy. Buying green power is one of the easiest and most effective ways to improve environmental performance. This program offers the tools and resources to help you achieve those goals.
In conjunction with Conservation International and the Wildlife Conservation Society, EarthColor supports the Makira Forest Project in Madagascar. This project employs a multifaceted and multidisciplinary approach to forest conservation and natural resource management centered on community-integrated sustainable development and poverty alleviation.
Ceres is a national network of businesses, public interest groups, investors, and environmental organizations whose mission is to integrate sustainability into capital markets. EarthColor has been a member since 2005 and fully supports Ceres’ principles and mission.
Soy Seal Certification
EarthColor prints with soy-based inks and is licensed to use the “SoySeal” certification mark on its products. Soy-based inks, along with vegetable-based inks, are more environmentally-friendly and sustainable alternatives to petroleum-based inks.
Institute for Sustainable Communications (ISC)
The ISC’s mission is to raise awareness, build capacity, and foster the widespread adoption of economically viable, environmentally sustainable, and socially constructive uses of print and digital media. Its goal is to lead the global transformation of media supply chains and communication practices in business, government, and education for current and future generations.
Community Energy Inc. (CEI)
CEI is a pioneer in the U.S. renewable energy market, increasing the availability of wind-generated electricity for more than 15 years. EarthColor has purchased Green-e® Energy Certified wind-generated Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) since 2007.
Did You Know?
- EarthColor is committed to 100% renewable green energy sources, offsetting 100% of our electricity usage with Green-e® Energy Certified RECs.
- PEFC™ is the world’s largest certification system – more than 200 million hectares of certified forests producing millions of tons of certified timber.
- EarthColor is a founding member – along with IKEA® and Cloud services leader Akamai® – of ISC’s Sustainable Media Council.
- EarthColor customers can apply FSC® and “SoySeal” certification marks as well as the “100% Wind Energy” logo to their print materials.
Getting awards isn’t our goal, but it’s nice to be recognized. See our list below of the awards we’ve received over the years!
- Ranked #1 sustainable and forest friendly printer in North America in Canopy’s The Blueline Report 2016 and The Blueline Report 2015
- 2015 PR Daily’s Corporate Social Responsibility Award for Best Green/Environmental Stewardship
- 2014 New Jersey Manufacturing Sustainability Award
- 2013 Ancient Forest Friendly™ Award for Best In Class
- 2012 Ancient Forest Friendly™ Award for Best In Class
- 2012 WhatTheyThink Environmental Innovation Award for “Sustainability and Your Community”
- 2011 WhatTheyThink Environmental Innovation Award for “Beyond Sustainability”
- 2011 EPA Green Power Leadership Club
- 2010 WhatTheyThink Environmental Innovation Award for “Thought Leadership”
- 2009 EPA Green Power Leadership Award
- 2009 American Printer’s Environmental Excellence Award For Most Environmentally Conscious Printer
- Gold 100 Or More Employees: EarthColor Inc.
- 2009 American Printer’s Best Environmentally Produced Product
- Gold 100 Or More Employees: Wal-Mart Sustainability Report
- 2008 Winner New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program & NJBPU
- “Clean Purchaser Award”
- 2008 American Printer’s Environmental Excellence Award For Most Environmentally Conscious Printer
- Silver 100 Or More Employees: EarthColor Inc.
- 2008 American Printer’s Best Environmentally Produced Product
- Gold 100 Or More Employees: 2007/2008 American Express Corporate Citizenship Report