Pompano Beach, FL
Job Summary: Responsible for all phases of operation of a multicolor heatset web press.
Qualifications: Educational background equivalent to a high school diploma or general education diploma, or a combination of education and experience. Individual must have at least 5 years’ experience as Press Operator. In addition a minimum of 5 years of experience with In-Line finishing equipment (WPM, AGM, SPEC, and IWEB) is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and understand job tickets including finishing line instructions, run lists, counts and materials required.
- Collaborates with all departments on specific requirements of a job. Responsible for accurately reporting production counts and other press documentation.
- Operates web press from job set-up to wash ups; performs routine adjustments during press run.
- Responsible for monitoring register, color, and any additional attributes for correct position while press is in operation.
- Consistently inspects for and maintains a high quality of web work. Ensures samples are pulled, inspected, and
that sample copies are of the highest quality.
- Follows all SOPs and works to ensure others on the crew do also. When violations or errors are made, operators are responsible for informing the Shift Supervisor.
- Delegates tasks necessary for jobs to be completed by crew. Reviews all phases.
- Works to keep the entire press area clean at all times, both during production runs and down time, using the resources of the crew efficiently.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor adjustments and repairs. Assists maintenance with press repairs.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance.
- Trains crew member to ensure the most efficient operation of the web press and auxiliary equipment..
- Adhere to Earth Color/Media quality and environmental policies, procedures, goals, and objectives and comply with all safety and work rules when performing duties.
- Complete and maintain all required checklists, paperwork, records, documents, etc. and maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
Send Resumes to JOBS@EARTHCOLOR.COM
We are an equal opportunity employer.