We all love video, and more importantly, so do our customers. Video has become one of the fastest growing components of a comprehensive multichannel marketing strategy, and for good reason.
Let’s look at some of the stats:
- Landing page video can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- Video in an email can lead to a 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online.
- 50% of executives look for more information after seeing a product or service in a video.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others. 
While these stats relate to combining video with digital communications, video can be combined with print, as well. Examples include using QR Codes or augmented reality (AR) to connect people from print to video in their kitchens, their living rooms, or right in the store aisle. Add customer video testimonials to direct mail. Send shoppers to product demos via in-store signage or packaging. Here at EarthColor, we recently embedded an LED screen directly into a print piece for a luxury brand! Print increases engagement with every marketing channel, including print.
Why does video work so well? It can communicate a lot of information quickly. Video is a powerful way to quickly communicate both the entertaining and fun and more complex concepts like a brand story or a broader value proposition that can be difficult to put into words.
It’s no wonder that 54% of U.S. marketers plan to increase their mobile ad budgets to account for use of video. You want to be among them!
Here are some suggestions for getting the most out of video in your marketing.
- Don’t be boring. Use powerful customer testimonials, engaging product demonstrations, or other content that will grab viewers quickly. Think about what viewers will want to tweet, repost, and share with others.
- Add video to your website, especially your home page and key product pages. Remember that one of the primary drivers of web traffic is print.
- When you add video to your emails, use the word “video” in the subject line.
- Incorporate video into direct mail, collateral, signage, and freestanding displays. This can be as simple as adding a QR Code leading to a customer video interview or as complex as developing an augmented reality (AR) experience.
- Add video clips to your company’s Facebook page, blogs on employees’ LinkedIn pages, and other social media platforms.
- Optimize everything for mobile.
We’re printers, but we understand how important it is to integrate print and digital channels to get the best results—and we understand how to do it well. Contact us at EarthColor to help you incorporate video into your multichannel marketing strategy.
 Data taken from “31 Must Know Video Marketing Stats” (HyperFine Media)
 2016 IAB Video Ad Spend Study (Internet Advertising Bureau, April 2016)