Parsippany, NJ – PR Daily, creator of the 2015 Corporate Social Responsibility Awards, announced EarthColor has won first place in the “Best Green/Environmental Stewardship” category for its 2015-2016 Sustainability Report, “Protect, Partner, Promote”.
Winners in the Green/Environmental Stewardship category were awarded for having a “green” CSR idea that’s transformed the entire business, or even just one division of the company; and reduced the organization’s carbon footprint with an innovative idea.
EarthColor continuously strives for responsible resourcing on the way to its journey’s ultimate destination: a sustainable earth. Key to its success, EarthColor backs up its inspiring words with practical actions. For example, its commitment is to buy 100% of its energy from green, renewable resources such as wind power.
EarthColor’s sustainability efforts have created many positive side effects beyond environmental protection:
- EC’s starting wage is 27.5 percent above the federal minimum.
- EC’s average length of service is 9.25 years.
- EC boasts an almost-invisible turnover rate: 1.5 percent in 2014.
- EC’s workforce is 49 percent minorities, 30 percent women.
- Of EC’s senior executives, 31.3 percent are women.
- Sixty-three percent of EC’s carriers are Smartway® Partners, accounting for 54 percent of EC’s transportation spending.
- EC has adopted “the 12 principles of green chemistry” to develop plant-based inks that reduce VOCs and hazardous air pollutants (HAPs).
Congratulations to the EarthColor team! The team’s members include: Linda Lombri, Copywriter; Joe Rozsa, Designer; David Podmayersky,
Chief Sustainability Officer; Bob Anstine, Chief Marketing Officer; Carin Mifsud, VP of Marketing; and Carla Barbalaci, Director of Marketing.
To learn more about EarthColor’s sustainability efforts and download the 2015-2016 Sustainability Report, click here.