When something ‘brand new and shiny’ comes out, it’s exciting. You have an automatic reaction to want to hop on the bandwagon –but how do you know what’s new and hot delivers a better result than what you’re currently doing?
Online advertising is new; it’s interactive and it’s received directly through any electronic device. It can show you in real time who is seeing your marketing advertisements and engaging your posts. It makes it easy to lead people to your website.
On the other hand, although direct mail has been around for many years, it remains consumers preferred way to receive information about your brand. It’s received through your home mailbox, it’s multi-sensory, it can lead people to your website. It may surprise you to know, that direct mail can be more effective than online advertisements. To prove this point, we’ve gathered 10 fun facts that demonstrate this:
- 70% of Americans say mail is more personal than the internet, Source
- 48% of people retain direct mail for future reference, Source
- Direct mail elicits response rates of 1.1 to 1.4% vs. 0.04% for Internet display ads, that is 35 times more effective. Source
- 50% of U.S consumers prefer direct mail to email, Source
- 92% of young shoppers say they prefer direct mail for making purchasing decisions, Source
- 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing, Source
- On average, direct mail advertising gives a business a 13 to 1 ROI, Source
- Of 9,000 people surveyed, 32% prefer to be contacted by direct mail than through any other medium, Source
- 83% of people say that direct mail is easier to take in than email, Source
- 72% of people who received direct mail made purchases online, Source
As these facts demonstrate direct mail is still a very popular and effective way to communicate with your customer’s and reinforce your brand. Stick to what works – direct mail works.